Thursday 28 July 2022

Book Review - Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters By Rick Riordan


3.5/5 stars


It hasn't been long enough since I finished reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Yet, here I'm, with another book review of the world of Percy Jackson and all the Greek Mythology stuff. When I started reading Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters, my hopes were already too high as I'd loved reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. This one didn't quite live up to my expectations. Nevertheless, it wasn't a bad read. You can call it okayish, if that makes sense.

Before I forget to mention, let me tell you these novels are so fast paced that I'm beginning to challenge myself on how fast I can read these novels. Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters was on the shorter end as compared to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Also, a little flat in terms of plot development. Still, I'm loving this series and I don't see myself stopping until I finish this series.

I'm not a fan of this book, but the last half of the book made up for it. The venture through the sea of monsters was truly gripping. Also, I missed Grover. It was fun, not as much as the first one but fun nonetheless.

“You weren't able to talk sense into him?"
Well, we kind of tried to kill each other in a duel to the death."
I see. You tried the diplomatic approach.”

To know Rick Riordan has three more installments to the series with such witty dialogues just gives me immense childish joy that I look forward to enjoying.


Review Posted: 28 July 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts