Saturday 25 June 2022

Book Review - Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


4.5/5 stars


The Percy Jackson series had been sitting on my shelf for a number of years. And, I'd not pick them up until this month. I don't know what inspired or pushed me into reading the series I'd not been eying all this time. What I know is that I'm not putting the series unfinished. Yes, I'm so into it.

Before I begin, to talk about how and why I liked Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, I'd like to make this clear that I haven't watched the movie adaption. Also, I do not plan on doing so. However, I'm really looking forward to the TV adaptation of the same. No particular reasons for such unjust biasness. I guess I prefer the book to TV adaptations more when compared to book to movie adaptations.

Beginning with Greek Mythology. I have not read any Greek Mythology stuff (please don't kill me). Wow! Such bold confessions. But yes, I loved reading everything about Greek Mythology in the book. Which really inspired me to read more of Greek Mythology books/Greek Mythology inspired books. Thanks, Rick Riordan for doing so.

I absolutely loved camp Halfblood. Rick Riordan outdid himself in writing the camp.

The story is fast-paced which makes you want to read more and more of it.

About Percy, what can I say? As I kept on turning the pages, I adored him more and more. I so want to know him in the later installments. He's the kind of kid you can't help sympathizing with. Apart from the MC, I loved reading about Annabeth the most.

The book had so many similarities to the Harry Potter series. I can't say about the later books in the series. Reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief definitely gave me some of the Harry Potter feels. For instance, reading about Percy reminded me of Harry, Annabeth of Hermione, Chiron of Dumbledore, Kronos of Voldemort, etc.

Why do I want to go on with the series despite the analogy? Because it was super fun. The fact that it's kind of a Harry Potter rip-off makes me, even more, want to read it. I can't wait to read the second installment in the series.

If you like the Harry Potter series, you should definitely read the Percy Jackson series.


Review Posted: 25 June 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts