Saturday 25 June 2022

Book Review - How Much Land Does A Man Need? by Leo Tolstoy


5/5 stars


I always have mixed feelings about short stories. There are times when I feel I prefer long books that can keep me engrossed in its story for a really really long time. Sometimes, I feel short stories are equally capable of keeping me captivated. I had read How Much Land Does A Man Need? in my school days. The story got etched in my heart then. I'm equally amazed by the story on my reread as I was the first time I read the story.

It tells a story of a man's need slowly, gradually, and exponentially getting converted into greed. Tolstoy uses greed as an allegory for a man's ever-growing ambitions.

Our needs have no boundaries. Nothing is ever enough for us. We all should be ambitious. The question is, what is the extent to it?

It is a perfect life lesson teacher. It is a true masterpiece. It is what we all need to know. It is what we all should know.

Review Posted: 25 June 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts