Friday 6 May 2022

Book Review - Heartstopper: Volume One by Alice Oseman

 


4/5 stars

I did see it on GR a number of times. I saw people read it with glorious remarks. I didn't know that it's a graphic novel series. I always prefer a series of books over a standalone. And if it's a series like Heartstopper, I'm all ready to keep all my books aside to read this first.

I'd not read many graphic novels before Heartstopper. Although, I've watched many adaptations of the graphic novels. It was my first time, and will not be the last time, for sure. Alice Oseman is turning out to form a place quickly in my read-her-first author list. She definitely is one such author who will not disappoint you.

Heartstopper was the series I got into solely because of the hype it has been creating in the past few months. Is it worth the hype? Yes. It is this cute, emotional, cozy story that everyone is rooting for these days. Nick and Charlie are surely setting perfect couple goals. They are giving all the right pure relationship motos. Plus, it is such a short read. You can finish reading it in one sitting. It only took about an hour for me to read.

What can I say? It is charming. It is comforting. It is wholesome. It is adorable. In short, it is everything you need for a spring read. I can see myself rereading this series every time I'm on a reading slump. I can't resist but finish reading all the volumes and start watching the Netflix show. I've no self-control.

Review Posted: 07 May 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts